- Tyler Cowen presents a really interesting argument about the nature of poverty, based on a book by Charles Kareli.
- Foreign Policy‘s Mike Boyer points to the fact that Grist (and other environmental organizations) tend to ignore conservative environmentalists.
- A pretty entertaining Freakonomics Q&A with Columbia sociologist Sudhir Venkatesh about gang life.
- Over at Salon, Juan Cole calls the latest surge of good news on the surge “a surge of phony spin.” Surge.
- Also at Salon, Glenn Greenwald interviews Chris Dodd. I have found myself increasingly impressed by Dodd. It’s a shame he’s such a long-shot.
- MD Governor Martin O’Malley and DLC Chair Harold Ford argue for Democratic centrism in the WP. Steve Benen is not impressed.