- More good writing on the Minnesota Bridge Disaster by Michael O’Hare.
- Via Crooked Timber, a good Boston Review article on the sociology of American prisons.
- Cal Thomas, with whom I rarely agree, makes a pretty good case that we should vote for competence over ideology next year.
- Bruce Bartlett, not exactly a tree-hugger, writes a guest entry over at Andrew Sullivan’s blog criticizing a less-than-accurate Drudge headline on global warming. A Drudge headline, shrill and wrong? Shocking, I know.
- In other poorly written news news, Matthew Yglesias is outraged at a NYT article which doesn’t bother rebut the Administration’s charges of Democratic tax shenanigans.
- Finally, Freakonomics hosts a high-profile discussion of street charity. Still hate the term “quorum” for these posts, though.