- Two big names have recently proposed reforming the farm subsidy system. One wants to retarget subsidies to family farms. The other wants to do away with subsidies altogether. The two people are John Stossel and John Edwards. Guess who proposed what.
- Could Superfund survive a cost-benefit analysis? Almost definitely not. I am not sure what we should do about it.
- Big media is out to screw the little guy. I know, that’s not really news, but on the other hand, it is.
- Fred Kaplan weighs in on the draft at Slate.
- Robert Samuelson calls for more clear-headed reporting on global warming, and makes the alarming and probably true assertion that we really don’t know how to solve this one. We probably shouldn’t do nothing though. Meanwhile, Matthew Yglesias critiques Michael Gerson’s global warming hand-wringing.