July 31, 2007
- Princeton’s Anne-Marie Slaughter urges a new approach to promoting democracy.
- Eugene Robinson finally gets around to pointing out the 800-lb gorilla in the room in an article entitled “Will White America Elect Obama?”
- Lilly Ledbetter, she of the recent controversial Supreme Court case Ledbetter v. Goodyear Rubber & Tire Co., calls for Congress to take a stronger stance against gender-based pay discrimination.
- Matthew Yglesias, responding to Stanley Kurtz, basically agrees with the position I took yesterday regarding academic tenure.
- Tom Ridge and Gen Barry McCaffrey argue for a renewed commitment to improving American soft power and diplomacy.